Steinway square

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 20:20:27 -0500

Hi Jon,

I have to confess, I have not tuned one of these beasts.  But a friend of
mine told me how he tunes them, and perhaps he's on to something.

He tells me that when he can, he will remove the lid and the damper
assembly, and tune from behind by plucking the strings instead of trying to
tune like we normally do by playing the key.

It might not work so well if one can't get behind the beast, but if one
can...

I too have heard of the wonderful work tables these things can be converted
to.  Very solid.

FWIW.

Brian Trout
Quarryville, PA