Pianolac vs Enduro or ?

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 14:35:31 -0500

PianoLac, The Sealer has components which fill the pores.
Arthur has the proper terminology for their function.

One of them is a super wetting agent which loosens the tension within the
material.
You have noticed that as you spray an open pore finish, the more coats you put
on,
the bigger the pores get. This is caused by the tension within the material
(sort of
like a meniscus). The wetting agent allows the material to flow deeper into
the
pores
drawing it in; where before it developed surface tension at the edge of the
pore.
Jokingly I said the molecules have a tendency to lock arms and prevent each
other
from falling into the precipice but the wetting agent has them acting like
lemmings.

Paste wood filler can be used for enhancing the grain rather than a need to
fill the pores.

PianoLac also has a stain blocker to promote even stain absorption.

Some of the criteria which led to the development of PianoLac are:
Quick build, quick dry, easy sanding, non-blue haze, non-imprint, rub to
hi-gloss.

Arthur, jump in any time, help me out here   :-)

Regards,

Jon Page