hale hammer

Norman Barrett n.h.barrett@worldnet.att.net
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 23:20:00 -0600

Hi Terry,

As to removing the tip I have 2 suggestions. In the shop, Place your tip wrench in a solid bench vice and then put the tuning lever on the wrench and unscrew it. In the field your can lay the tuning lever on the floor placing your tip wrench in the tip at about a 45 degree angle. Hold the lever on the floor with 1 foot and kick the wrench with your other foot and this will break loose a very tight tip.

Norm Barrett
Memphis Chapter