dry lubricants

pianolover@worldspy.net pianolover@worldspy.net
11 Feb 2000 12:34:28 -0800

Does anyone have a recommendation as to what kind of "dry" type lubricant to use on older, rusty or oxydized strings? I was told by a local tech, to use "Mclube", but after a little research, i found the ad for Mclube clearly states: 'do not spray near tuning pins, strings or finished surfaces'. Let me also emphasize  that i'm  talking about using a dry type lubricant ONLY at the agraffes and the pressure bar area, to help make sure the string pulls up as smoothly as possible. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Terry Peterson
LA, CA

Get free Internet service and email at http://www.worldspy.com