floor tuning job...

pianolover@worldspy.net pianolover@worldspy.net
10 Feb 2000 14:30:52 -0800

Thanks to ALL for your words of wisdom! I am happy to report that I just returned from my job interview for the Floor tuning position, and I got the JOB!! They initially put me in a room to tune a Yamaha Grand. It was about 20 years old, but in seemimgly great condition. I found it to be 28-30 cents flat. Here i thought I was just going to do a routine tuning...HA! I went ahead and gave it a pitch raise, and after the first pass it was actually slightly sharp! So then i re-muted the piano and started my tuning, (using my SAT II) . When I finished that i then brought in the unisons by ear and then finally checked my work, testing intervals, etc.  I then rechecked for any stray unisons out of tune. Then the MANAGER cam in to check my tuning. I passed! He was quite pleased. I'll be working 3-4 days per week, doing 4-6 pianos per day. I'm very excited about it, and look forward to getting lots of needed experience. Thanks to everyone for your help!

Regards,

Terry Peterson

Get free Internet service and email at http://www.worldspy.com