Re. Making the Transition

Carman Gentile cgpiano@webtv.net
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 22:42:23 -0800 (PST)

  My previous profession was a Certified Orthotist.  An orthotist
fabricates and fits orthopedic braces (NOT to be confused with
orthodontic braces).  For over 13 years I treated children and adults
who had a wide variety of neuromuscular and musculoskeletal disorders.

  Health care was stressful so ( at age 41) I began to take piano
lessons to soothe my nerves.  Somebody lent me a Reblitz book and I was
hooked by what I read.

  Quit health care and entered an apprenticeship with a local technician
and took Randy Potter's course.  Finally became an RPT at age 49.

Carman Gentile RPT
Redwood Chapter