stringing supplies

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 18:15:29 -0500

Terry:

I took the Randy Potter course. It was very very good. It does a very good
job of putting the "whole darn thang" together in one complete package. I
have been in business full time 2 years now (I went from 0 - 60 in 6 months)
and still find myself referring back to course materials for answers to some
basic questions. I have two undergraduate degrees and a masters degree in
the natural sciences - I think I have a fair idea of what constitutes as
good educational package. I really believe that a course such as the Potter
course will be invaluable to you or anyone else! That's my two cents worth!
Good luck!

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com

----- Original Message -----
From: <pianolover@worldspy.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 06, 2000 10:54 PM
Subject: Re: stringing supplies

> On Sun, 06 February 2000, "David ilvedson" wrote:
>
> > Terry,
> >
> > How are you learning your trade?>> ANSWER: I am training with my mentor
part time, and have been tuning at a local college. I have read Reblitz's
book, and other's. I have a SAT II, hammer, tools, parts, plus videos from
Jim Coleman, SR., (except piano wire; hence my question.)

> <<I would hope that your not trying to learn it from the List!>> ANSWER: I
have learned a GREAT DEAL from this list, and I thank everyone who has been
willing to share their knowledge with me! Sometimes I like to get different
opinions on  a variety of piano/tech related questions, because it helps me
to make more informed decisions, plus I find it very interesting and
educational.

> You should look into Randy
> > Potter's correspondence course.> ANSWER: I considered his, and other
correspondence courses, which I'm sure have their merits, but I am very
happy, and prefer working directly with my mentor, and LOTS of pianos!