samick

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Tue, 08 Feb 2000 12:43:12 -0600

Hi Bill Bremmer

Is your evidence for epoxy being better empirical or have you done a study?
Water thin CA glue *does* penetrate the end grain on rock maple. Does epoxy
do this too? Looking for the best way to help clients! Interesting that you
say the CA can overcome contamination of the pin block. My question is why
can it do that? I am glad to see you on the list theses days Bill!

At 11:27 PM 2/7/00 EST, you wrote:
>The Epoxy will size up the holes and strengthen any mealy, deteriorating
>pinblock material.  It will cost less and is easier to work with in this
full
>treatment operation.  Only in a case of contamination with oil or anything
>else that is making the pins loose would I recommend CA glue for a whole
>pinblock.  It has the ability to neutralize that contamination and provide a
>lot of grip.
>
>Good luck getting the piano repaired.
>
>Bill Bremmer RPT
>Madison, Wisconsin