Making the Transition

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Tue, 08 Feb 2000 06:31:35 -0800

Even though a piano is not "tuned" as it is played. it still takes an
ear to play it well. Otherwise, you are just playing mechanically. Thus,
you develop an ear-hand coordination whether you are tuning or playing.

Maybe pianists become tuners because of the terrible instruments they
are often presented with. But the main reason I joined the profession is
that I love pianos.

Tom

--
Thomas A. Cole, RPT