Piano Truck Options

BobDavis88@AOL.COM BobDavis88@AOL.COM
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 11:48:44 EST

Ron Nossaman writes:

> Bottom line is that the dollies are fine. It's the users that are faulty.
>  There's plenty of grounds for worry.

We won't sell the lightweight Twindollies, as it's usually not too long
before we get a call that the wheel folded under while going over a sill
(probably at eighty mph). We do recommend the heavy dollies. It's a risk
either way - it wasn't a month after I recommended to a school that they
moved their brand new Kawai enough that for their own safety they should put
on dollies (and they said they wanted to save money) that I received The
Call...  The piano was on its back, and a student had narrowly escaped
serious injury, and it looked like they had a little more money than they
thought....

The heavy ones do stick out the back, are more expensive, and elevate the
piano more, but falling pianos can be a problem, and we recommend a small
platform to rest the heel on. It doesn't help with the higher keyboard, but I
suppose you could use a taller bench too. Any other suggestions?
Bob Davis