Ghosting

Jlovekeys@AOL.COM Jlovekeys@AOL.COM
Sun, 6 Feb 2000 22:15:52 EST

Hi Bill, I realize this is probably just a little picky, but isn't C4  the
coincident partial for an 8:4 octave. I believe G3 would be the coincident
partial for a 6:3 octave of C1-C2.
Jim Love
PTG Associate
Midland, Tx.
In a message dated 2/6/00 8:47:24 PM, Billbrpt@AOL.COM writes:

<<  When you are trying to tune an
interval in the bass, C1 from C2, for example, your ear will hear all of the
partials from both notes.  If you have decided that you want to tune a 6:3
octave, which would probably be a good choice, hold down the keys C1 and C2
without sounding them.  (You can hold them open with the Sostenuto pedal if
the piano has one and it is working properly).

Now strike but do not hold the note C4 which is the coincident partial for
those two notes and that kind of octave. >>