Another Wurlitzer

Michael Malone cowboy@mpinet.net
Sun, 06 Feb 2000 15:21:52 -0500

I have been attempting to raise a 1930 Wurlitzer console to 440 pitch.
After 3 tunings I notice the treble is slowly flatening.  Well thanks to
this room I read about the wedged pins and took the back off of the
pinblock and guess what... pins running through the harp with small
wedges.  Sorry if this was repeated before, but, can you tap the wedges
tighter into the tuning pin and expect a stronger stance from the
pins???

Michael in Orlando