Platform for TunLab

Robert Scott rscott@wwnet.net
Sun, 06 Feb 2000 11:47:13 -0500

Brian Holden writes:

Will TuneLab or for that matter RCT work on a computer such as a Psion
palmtop?
<<<<

Currently TuneLab will only run under Windows 9x/NT.  I briefly investigated
the palmtops as a platform and the ones that I looked into were
seriously underpowered for such an application.  They have plenty of
memory, but their processors are too slow.  I have to be able to do
a 4096-point Fourier transform in real time while sampling at
22050 samples per second.  The current palmtops just can't keep up.
But that is why the palmtops have such great battery life.  High
performance = high current draw.  In any case, porting TuneLab to
either Windows CE or Palm-OS would be a substantial programming effort.

-Robert Scott