SAT III

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Sun, 6 Feb 2000 06:27:23 EST

> I would love to hear from SAT III
>owners.  I am especially interested in whether the move from
>the II to the III was worth it and why.

Greetings,
    I say yes, the convenience of auto stepping is a nice improvement, but
the major reason I like the machine is the ability to quickly alter
temperaments and octave stretching, plus a very healthy battery life! The SAT
III is quite small and light, too.
     It takes a 15 second button fest to get it about as far out as you might
want,( Like an "Auto-note pitch raise to another temperament with extra
octave stretch"   In contrast to earlier posts about it not being"user
friendly",  I find the SAT to very friendly.  Its multiple use buttons for
different configurations is easily learned. It is certainly no more complex
than learning the steps for tuning aurally, and we have all done that, no?
     The biggest danger of the machine is that it makes it possible for
neophytes as well as posers to sell "tunings".  The usual lack of stability
in these situations is gradually creating suspiscion among the piano owners,
and lately there seems to be a spate of unhappy customers with aspersions to
cast,  like, "Oh, YOU use a machine, too?"   So, we have fresh young dragons
to slay, I had thought they would have been history by now.
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT