Damp Chasers and the like.....

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Fri, 04 Feb 2000 14:07:33 -0500

Up here in the cold country we have shrink plastic sheets that we
attach to windows with double sticky tape, use a hair dryer to shrink
to a tight sheet.  This seals out the cold drafts that get through my
90 year old windows.

I have see tropically prepared pianos that had leather boots around
the pedals to keep mice and insects out and all the other openings
around the case sealed with wooden blocks.  The case part joints were
left just as they were.

What's the point anyway?

		Newton