Dampp-Chaser Climate Control System Operation

Bdshull@AOL.COM Bdshull@AOL.COM
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 14:54:28 EST

Roger:

Through your post I learned, among other things, of the availability of a wet
and dry humidistat;  that is good news - thank you!  Are these available in
North America?  Certainly I will want to use a wet system for the many pianos
which my clients bring from the Far East, correct?  However, why not make a
humidistat that is "wetter"?  It is my understanding that in parts of this
world a higher RH is considered standard (I believe Neupert uses a reference
of 60% RH, for example.)  And 50%RH is still quite a bit less then the
Australian region referred to in the post in this thread, as well as the
pianos we see from Asian climates.

I've wondered about this for some time, and am quite interested in your reply.

Bill Shull
University of Redlands, La Sierra University