Dampp Chaser or not, that is that question!

Larry J. Messerly prescottpiano@juno.com
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 22:17:45 -0700

While we're on the subject of measuring RH.  I have tried with some small
success to measure the diference between the top of the soundboard and
the room humidity.

I place the humidity gage on top of the soundboard as far under the lid
as possible on a grand that I find with the lid down.  Placed with the
openings down.

After tuning up to the point where I want to open the lid, I then place
the device on the tuning pins with the openings up.

When I have done this, I do measure a difference. Telling me that the
moisture does travel through the soundboard.

Larry Messerly, RPT
Prescott, Pheonix