Dampp Chaser or not, that is that question!

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 08:43:58 EST

In a message dated 2/2/0 1:22:46 PM, mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

>he darn thing right on top of and next to (actually
> touching) the humidistat. I have placed up to three different hygrometers
> under the piano at the same time (the three were compared at stable
> conditions and are known to produce similar RH readings) and get the results
> I have described.

>Because of the known relationship between spruce and atmospheric RH, RH
>in the soundboard environment will provide an accurate (although indirect)
> indicator of soundboard moisture content.

Greetings,
    I must add to the above, "so is pitch!".  After a solid tuning, in which
the atmosphere is noted,  a careful listen will reveal much information about
what the soundboard is doing.  I am not sure if I have seen the piano's
tuning mentioned.  Is there a problem with this piano's pitch stability?
Regards,
Ed Foote