New Ivory Key tops for sale

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Tue, 01 Feb 2000 20:01:34 -0600

Hi Stacy,
                It's still against the law on our side of the border, it
would be confiscated at Customs,
I have just heard a story of a Bechstein that had Ivory remove by the
customs officials, and they made a complete mess of the whole keyboard.
Second hand imfo.
To be sure check with Canada customs first.
Regards Roger

At 10:37 AM 01/02/00 -0700, you wrote:

>List,
>
>What would be the procedure for importing ivory into Canada anyway?  I am
>not actually planning to do this in the near future, but wonder how much
>red tape it would require.  I have heard it can even be difficult to import
>an old piano from the US.
>
>Stacy Adams
>PTG Associate Member.
>

>----------
>> From: Brian Lawson <lawsonic@global.co.za>
>> To: pianotech <pianotech@ptg.org>
>> Subject: New Ivory Key tops for sale
>> Date: Tuesday, February 01, 2000 10:10 AM
>>
>> Hi, the dealer which I do work for has bought a limited amount of
>ex-stock
>> of new ivory keytops; fronts, tails and whole lenghts. He has them, as
>yet
>> unsorted into actual number of sets but asked me if anyone on the list is
>> interested.
>>
>> He is willing to sell some, either fronts, tails, no minimum order and as
>> yet no set price, but you have to make a reasonable offer and would have
>> pay postage/freight from South Africa
>>

>> Please email me privately and I will pass on your enquiry.
>>

>> Brian Lawson
>> PTG Assc, MPT.
>> Johannesburg, South Africa

Roger Jolly