Steinway value?

David Renaud studiorenaud@qc.aibn.com
Tue, 01 Feb 2000 16:28:38 -0500

Owen
    Been following this thread with some interest.

Remember how many years our friend took to sell his
9 foot at a great"discount". Like it or not we are is a smaller market.
I believe it is a mistake to apply New York prices in Australia, New Zealand
or
Canada. Supply and demand rules.We have a harder sell, smaller market and
thus somewhat lower prices.
     If the list beats me up on this one I will be quite happy,
as I have Steinway A2 rebuild(6"2') I'm proud of and would
consider myself lucky to get 16000US(24000can) for it
in Ottawa. So my vote is for about $5000 US--$7500Can.
in as is condition.

                                      Cheers
                                      Dave Renaud
                                      RPT