Dampp Chaser or not, that is that question!

PIANO2NR@AOL.COM PIANO2NR@AOL.COM
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 22:06:12 EST

In a message dated 1/31/00 8:08:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
John.Woodrow@pil.com.au writes:

<<
 I am concerned that the pressure ridges may open up if the DC is constantly
 trying to pull the humidity down from the 70% to 55%. >>

Hi John,
I don't think you will have a problem with the ridges opening up.  At least
not until the humidity would get down in the low 30%'s.  I am doing a
restoration on a Kawai KG-2C that is about 20 years old.  It was in a house
that had a fire in the next room.  It had two pressure ridges that did not
open up on forced drying so that I could shim if needed.  A week with a 600
watt heater under the piano did not make it open up.

Randy Mangus,RPT