Larger piano? was Re: Decibel Levels

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sat, 30 Dec 2000 22:29:42 EST

Del

Are you saying that a larger piano (lets say 7') in a church will not
necessarily produce a larger sound than a smaller piano, (lets say 5')?

One problems we have in this industry is that a small piano is being used in
a large sanctuary, where the piano player pounds the daylights out of the
keys, in order to be heard. (which results in broken strings) What I have
been trying to convince some churches is that they need a larger piano to
produce more volume, so that the piano player doesn't have to pound so hard.
But now, from what you say, a larger piano will not help. Or am I missing
something?

Wim