moisture in wool or wood. was Re: When to do it

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 19:34:37 -0600

Wim;
 In my opinion it is the swelling of the wood which causes the 'tight'
center
and not any swelling of the felt.
Rotary cutter board :-)... several different thicknesses and widths and
types
of felt. I measured, cut,  and placed them on exact lines. I have soaked
them
so that they are moist but not wringing wet. I am going to leave them there
overnight to allow any "swelling" to happen and measure them again in the
morning.....I'll letcha know.
Jim Bryant (FL)

Jim
    Wool, and presumibly felt, say did you use felt or felt cloth??, shrinks
when it dries.  Didn't your mother when she washed your wool sweater, pin it
to form on the guest room bed so that it would not be shrunken when it was
dry?  ---ric