SV: Research: leather covered hammers

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 21:21:05 -0700

I am certainly glad to see that you have not left us. That would have been a
loss to both you and us. Stick around!
----- Original Message -----
From: "Johan Ola Andersson" <pianola@online.no>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2000 4:38 PM
Subject: SV: SV: Research: leather covered hammers

> Hi Diane
>
> To find a sheep of an old kind of breed is not a problem. the problem is
how to keep them out of my yard.
> No problem to get a skin either but I don't know who can tan them.
> My neighbour who owns them don't know either.
> There is probably also old breeds of sheep in USA to, imported or saved by
interest groups.
> The sheep on Iceland is older than the States The wikings probebly brought
them to America on there first visit.
> Iceland still have 100% the same breed. That must be old enough. If
Kristinn run one over with his car he might send you.
> The Lapps or Samer living in the North of Scandinavia can provide you with
Reindeerskin tanned the old kind of way
> They need real stuff to survive living outdoors in the cold. Don't buy the
tourist stuff though.
> I'm sure I can find something for you if you give me some time. I will
contact you
> I can't see that Stephen Birkett mentioned any thickness. Do you have any
suggestion?

> A funny thing. I went to a Felt Festival here because I wanted to know the
differense between Felt and Cloth and the American lady I spoke to started
to talk about David Stanwood! Small world ins't it.

> I could see to Iceland from here if the earth was flat as it was during
the Wiking era.
> My wife is Icelandic and she's a firework by her self.
> The organisation that saves people at sea gets all the money from selling
firework. And because all familys has somebody at sea they buy and fire like
crazy. It's unbeleaveble.

> Ola Andersson
> Bergen Norway

Norway?
> > Aren't those called the Northern Lights?
> >
> > Happy New Year!
> > Diane
> >

> > >In Norway and Iceland you can still find the old sheep breeds the
Vikings