When to do it

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 11:35:26 -0600

>  A 248 with a ringing C5, that I could not
>find the source of the ringing (I think it's somewhere in the backscale,
>but I couldn't find it),

Wasn't a leaking damper lower down? I don't remember ever finding a
backscale doing something like that - unless it's from an un-braided low to
mid tenor. They can get pretty noisy, but that's a more general, rather
than pitch specific thing. It's a bear ain't it?

>, an Accu-just
>hitch pin jammed under one bottom edge of the plate

I hope you mean a loose one that was dropped in and lost, rather than an
installed one.

>,  strings jammed
>together to make the dampers work, etc!  Fun,fun,fun!

No hammer spacing to clear adjacent hammers and still hit all the unison
strings? No loose hammers? No C-8 that won't work because the key's too
front heavy? No strings meandering back and forth between tuning pins in
the low tenor so nothing stays where you put it when you tune? No bridle
wires ticking backcheck wires? Quit sniveling man! You had a wonderful day!
<G>

>Clark Sprague
>Associate Member (hopefully not for much longer)

Gradus Uppidus in the works?

Ron N