When to do it

Thu, 28 Dec 2000 17:44:45 +0100

Wimblees@AOL.COM wrote:

> Now that we've had all this discussion of this subject, you can bet I will
> take careful note of this problem. If the hammers are pushing against the
> strings this summer, I think we can all assume it is the humidity change that
> is effecting the keybed, or any of the other items you mentioned.
>
> The question still remains, however, why is this happening more on Yamamas
> than on other pianos?
>
> Willem

Im sorry.... I didnt know that it was established yet that it does. The worst
offenders I have ever seen on this particular front are (sorry Wim) Petrof
uprights. I have always assumed it was due to the kind of felt they use
throughout the action. Very soft and squishy compared to the hard compact Yamaha
felt.

I wouldnt mind seeing some kind of documention that any particular piano make
suffers from  this problem more then another before I buy without further aduie
that Yamahas are most susceptable.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.