imagined temperament controversy

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 09:29:20 EST

 Bill Bremmer writes:
    >>It is and always has been the HT controversy that that has been
inflammatory in and of itself. <<

    I disagree.
    From my own experience, the subject of temperaments has been an enticing
and attractive one for the vast majority of technicians and customers I have
come into contact with.  It has been a source of broader horizons for myself
as well as a subject with which I have had many enjoyable discussions among a
growing number of technicians.
    Some of these techs don't consider a variety of temperaments to be worth
the effort, some consider the sound of ET to be superior, and some have come
to see well-temperaments as opening a door on an entirely new and exciting
field to pursue.  I welcome them all and their critique,  and feel that I am
a better technician for it.  I am certainly not offended by those that don't
believe in them as I do.
   What has always been, and always will be controversial and inflammatory,
is self-seving, vitrolic attempts to condemn others.   Rudeness is no more
than fear masquerading as strength.
Ed Foote RPT