When to do it

kam@flash.net kam@flash.net
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 17:51:00 -0600

Wim, Jim, Ron, List,

For the record this is about a vertical Yamaha piano, not a grand piano.

Today I tested a Yamaha U1, '70s' vintage, by removing the balance rail
punching, and then by adding twice the thickness of the one in place.
There is no change in lost motion that is measurable, or that would
necessitate adjusting it.

All that definitely changes is the height of the key in relation to its
neighbors and the key dip in conjunction.

Keith McGavern aka McChange
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild