Noodling-Off List

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner@hotmail.com
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 13:12:47 -0900

Hi Wim,

  Your post struck a chord here.  Murray has been doing something similiar
for a couple of years now.  He has recently added another thing to try that
might interest you.  He gets fake books, selects artists and songs he likes,
then follows the chord progressions only, "noodling" the right hand.  After
a while at this, he plays the piece the artist wrote.

  He says it has taught him a lot and he finds it very interesting to hear
what changes different artists have selected.

  His own music is getting better and better.

Wishing you a Happy New Year,
Diane