When to do it

Wed, 27 Dec 2000 22:33:48 +0100

Clyde Hollinger wrote:

> Friends,
>
> Would someone who knows explain why Yamaha sets the capstans on new verticals
> high enough so the hammer shanks are slightly out from the rest rail cloth, as
> Ron mentions below?  I would probably regulate these pianos for normal lost
> motion, and I want to know if/why I shouldn't.  Or am I barking up the wrong
> tree?
>
> Regards, Clyde

I doubt seriously that the capstans leave the Yamaha factory in this condition,...
not really their style if you get my meaning... We dont notice this tendancy over
here so it probably is climate related. Lost motion, or for that matter perhaps the
whole keybed area can be pretty er.... volatile...  on new pianos.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.