Not again! (OT)

Eugenia Carter ginacarter@carolina.rr.com
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 11:45:29 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Johan Ola Andersson" <pianola@online.no>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2000 2:59 AM
Subject: SV: Not again! (OT)

> I don't expect anybody having backbone to reply to this.

One thing I've learned is never to underestimate the individuals of this
list.

> On this list where anybody is arguing about anything how is it that
everybody can talk badly about Mr. Bremmer but you can't let him answer for
himself? Is he some kind of Judas just because he got new ideas and is
clever?

The issue is NOT about historical temperaments. The issue is rude,
offensive, unacceptable behavior from one member of this list toward other
members.

< I don't like anybody attacking anybody but even Bill Bremmer has feelings
and I can't remember seeing posts like this saying the opposite: PLEASE,
PLEASE, PLEASE don't attack this man. But it seems legal to kick this guy.
Give Bill the same treatment as anybody else on this list.>>

What I do not understand is how you condone rude behavior from Mr. Bremmer?
Why is his derogatory post to Horace acceptable or did I miss a post from
you decrying Mr Bremmer's post? Please explain how calling Bill to task for
doing what he has previously pledged _not_ to do is attacking Bill?

Painfully, sometimes it is necessary to refresh our memory and I quote from
the pianotech archives:

"Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 20:14:55 EDT
From: Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Subject: My Sincerest Apology

Dear Pianotech List Readers,

Please accept my apologies for anything I have said or done on this List
that was offensive to the List at large and to certain individuals in
particular.

My use of rhetorical license has, at times, been inappropriate. In the
future, I pledge to not use any personally derogatory, inflammatory words or
phrases and will limit any posts on Pianotech to discussions of our
profession only.

I especially apologize to Gina Carter for accusing her of words and
actions that have since proven to be without foundation.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin"

Unfortunately, Mr. Bremmer seems to forget, frequently, his "pledge to not
use any personally derogatory, inflammatory words or
phrases and will limit any posts on Pianotech to discussions of our
profession only."

> That treatment can be hard enough with Maria fresch in my memory. Bill
Bremmer is to valuble to this list and the PTG organisation to be treated or
talked about as an animal.>

There is no doubt that Bill's educational posts can be very informative and
very helpful. He diminishes his value to the list when he writes insulting
comments about others.

> What if he been thrue some hard times in his private life like _others_
seems to have, who knows? Maybe you could give him a little support? Is
there any heart here?>

I doubt that any person who participates in this list has not at some time
or another experienced hard times - emotionally, socially, economically.
These certainly do not excuse bad behavior.

> It's still Christmas
>
> Ola Andersson

Yes, it still is the Christmas season, and a new year is just around the
corner.  Hopefully, the spirit of both will bring forth good will toward
all.

Gina