tuner's top 10

William J Schlipf wjstuner@juno.com
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 07:00:00 -0600

On Tue, 26 Dec 2000 20:20:37 -0800 "pianolover 88"
<pianolover88@hotmail.com> writes:
> Hi list, and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
>
> I'd like to get a "tuner's top 10" of favorite piano pieces,
> specifically
> selected to demonstrate the finished tuning. I'm looking for
> something
> relatively short, "easy" and not too fast; your basic allegro would
> be my
> limit, but I would prefer nothing faster than Moderato. My pianistic
> skill
> level is somewhere in the intermediate range. Thanks!
>

> Terry Peterson
> Associate Member PTG
> Los Angeles, CA

Terry,  I use various tunes that will make use of many keys.

Giant Steps-Coltrane
Blood Count-Stayhorn  his last song by the way
Strange Meadowlark-Brubeck
Like Young-Previn
My Romance-Kern
Butterfly (but the French word-I can't spell it rught now) Ravel
Spring can really hang you up the most
Christmas time is here
Have you met Miss Jones-or is that Ms Jones?
Lover

Sometimes use a little of Palmgren's May Night

Bet this is the stangest list you get!  I'm really a string bass player,
but I carry no music with me.
Bill Schlipf
Bloomington, IL

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!