X-player action regulating.

Bill Peterson lokman@ix.netcom.com
Tue, 26 Dec 2000 10:53:45 -0800

  I have an ex-player grand with the long keys.  I am having trouble =
find a way to regulate it so that it is real playable.  No matter what I =
do with it  plays klutzy or feels funny compared to pianos that have =
shorter or normal length keys. =20

I am wonder ing if you guys and gals can help  ease my frustration.  I =
would like to hear about a fix for this problem other than having a new =
keyboard made and then shortening the keybed and moving the traps etc.  =
There must be a way to make this thing work reasonably well.  It is a 6' =
Mehlin.  I have tried playing with the dip, hammer height, tightening =
the let off.  I have not tried moving the capstans or playing with the =
geometry.  I do have room to raise the let off rail. =20

Thank you, Bill Peterson, South Bay Chapter Associate.  =
Lokman@ix.netcom.com