Improvised,old,"non-dammp-chaser"dehumidification.

John Musselwhite john@musselwhite.com
Sun, 24 Dec 2000 11:42:46 -0700

At 09:05 AM 12/24/2000 -0500, David R wrote:

>Saw something new in a Lesage piano(Quebec), approx. 30yrs old.
>
>Two ceramic ceiling light fixtures screwed into the inner
>sides of the piano, 10" below the keybed. Two 60W bulbs,
>no controlling device, just plug it in and cook till done.
>The current owner does not use it.

Good thing!  I've seen this arrangement frequently in pianos that have been
brought by their owners from Hong Kong.  I remove them unless the owner
insists on keeping them in, but if they do I make sure they understand that
in our climate using it will ruin the piano.

                 John

John Musselwhite, RPT    -     Calgary, Alberta Canada
http://www.musselwhite.com  http://canadianpianopage.com/calgary
email: john@musselwhite.com    http://www.mp3.com/fatbottom