Snappy Baldwin Tuning Pins

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Sat, 23 Dec 2000 12:09:56 -0500

At 07:56 AM 12/23/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>They are a serious problem and should be referred to as cracky.  replace the
>ck with pp and you have them identified.  These pianos are in some cases
>impossible to tune and Baldwin should address this....With concert and fest
>tunings and time alloted to 10 or so pianos and you hit one of these bitches,
>  they will not be stable for long no matter what you do and some
> performer is
>going to be shorted and will be verrrrrry upset....Exactly what does Baldwin
>say the problem is?  And there is a problem, believe me....If there was
>adequate preparation at the factory they should cull these out, not put them
>on the concert tour.......How about it Baldwin?  Any answers?  How about a
>class action recall?  I'm sure there are many on this list that can send you
>the models and locations.  Whereas, for example, Yamaha's are a pleasure to
>tune, these pian! os! ! are nothing short of torture and a waste of time
>to tune.
> From now on, when I go out the day before to do initial tunings and prep, I
>will call for a replacement should we receive one of these dogs.
>tom mc nabb
><http://www.mcnabbmusic.com>tuner for the stars

Tom,
Why not recommend to the concert promoters to get a Yamaha or Kawai?

There are a few concert performances here in which Yamaha will
supply the piano and moving for free (a 75 mile trek).

All that the promoter has to do is pay for the tuning.

I don't know if Kawai has the same promotional offer but they would be
a nice piano for your performances as well. I tuned a two piano performance
last year with a S&S D and a Kawai 9'er. One was typical, one was
outstanding ;-)

Why are they so Baldwin dependant?

Regards,
Jon Page

PS How is Andromeda to tune for? Have you done any tuning for the Pleiades,
a family act, seven sisters.