Wretched S&S & Yamahas

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Sat, 23 Dec 2000 10:20:33 -0500

I have replaced the hammers on several Kawais, KG-2Cs, in
practice rooms.  The volume was reduced because of the
softer tone but there was a much winder dynamic range than
expected.  I did one G-3 Yamaha with Renner.  I prefer
softer hammers than Renner is/was making.  Today I would not
hesitate to put "good" hammers on any Asian piano.  I have
shrill clangers.
--
		Newton