Missing bridge pins

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 00:40:15 EST

Dear Friends and Collegues,

Today I tuned a Wurlitzer Console (the 2nd of a 4 tunings-3 including pitch
raises). When I got to C# 5 at the break, the pitch was at zero. After
bringing it to pitch I found wield false beats. Thinking it had to be a
problem at the termination point, I removed the knee board and found the top
3 bridge pins missing and the bore split. The notch above is also split out.

I checked the piano over to see if there was any more notes like this, but
there were non. The C#5 at the break is next to the plate struts.

I thought of routing it out and replace with a piece of hard maple stock but
the strut makes it difficult to get a router in place. I am not sure I can
chisel it out cleanly.

What do you recommend? How much time should I estimate?

Thank you and have a MERRY CHRISMAS!

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland Chapter
Oregon City, OR