straws, anyone?

Susan Kline sckline@home.com
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 11:29:20 -0800

At 08:28 AM 12/21/2000 +0000, you wrote:
>Customer called ...
>"Can you fix broken keys, too?"

Actually, I do use the glue trick to mend broken upright keys.
I find that I can get the alignment right, and they set up
quickly. It's easier to get the glue to all the right places
if the key is literally in two pieces. I smear a layer of
white glue on all the contact areas of one piece, and drop
crazy glue on the matching areas of the other piece.

Has anyone else mended upright keys split through
the mortise with the two glues? And did they stay mended?

Susan