agraffe standards

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 17:45:59 -0500

At 06:59 AM 12/20/2000 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>Carol's post brought up something I've wondered about from time to time.
>Since I don't often get the "opportunity" to pull agraffes out of new
>pianos, I wonder if anyone here has information on who's using what for
>agraffe stud diameters and threading. Then there are differing hole heights
>above the seat, hole spacing, etc. I just wonder how many different
>non-interchangeable "traditional" agraffe types are being put in current
>production pianos out there.
>
>Ron N

An agraffe standard which SHOULD be implemented is to cut a slot in the bottom
of the stud. That way when the agraffe breaks (I mean IF ;-) a small screw
driver
can be inserted from the bottom and the stud removed. A simple cure for a
complex extrication.

I heard about this idea from John McDonald RPT, RI Chapter.

Regards,
Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jonpage@mediaone.net