Superglue and Agraffes?

Carol Beigel carolrpt@hotmail.com
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 00:07:56 -0500

I need to know if I'm just becoming old and cranky, or is there really
something valid about temporarily repairing a broken agraffe with superglue.
  A brand new baby grand piano had just been uncrated when I  noticed the
agraffe (three hole) on the second tenor unison had sheared off at the
plate.  Immediately the manufacturer was called and they sent a new agraffe
- however they sent the wrong size.  This wasn't discovered though, until I
had already cut 4 wires and extracted the piece still remaining in the
plate.  They claimed they were out of stock on the correct size agraffe, and
that I should just superglue the old one together!  I was absolutely
shocked!

I threatened to send the piano back if a proper size part didn't arrive in a
timely fashion.  I have heard of many marvelous repairs that superglue can
be used for, but is this one of them?

Carol Beigel