Past PTG President Identity

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 18:16:32 -0600

>In a message dated 12/18/00 10:00:44 PM Central Standard Time,
>mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:
>
><< He said his former tuner
> (I forget his name) tuned for the Cleveland Orchestra and was president of
> the PTG just a few years ago. Does anyone know who this might be? >>
>
>That would have been Bob Russell Sr.
>
>Willem

Terry, Wim, List,

That would have been considerably more than a few years ago, Wim.  Russell,
Sr. served as the Piano Technicians Guild (PTG) president from 1979-1981.
(see list below)

I would venture to say, rather that his former tuner was president of a
local chapter, or this physician's memory runs like some customers' when
asked when the last time their piano was tuned  :)

Current PTG president:
Taylor Mackinnon, Oregon

Former PTG Presidents:
David Durben,1998-2000, California