Old uprights - think twice?

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 10:08:33 EST

Dave P. wrote;
<<"eleemosynary endeavor">>

 Dear Dave;
 As I am sure you are well aware the list is now a moderated list due to
unpopular demand or the squeaking wheel syndrome.  As the list god I must
inform you that the post containing the quoted words above will not be
allowed to reach the list.
The reasons for this deletion are legion but a few of them are listed below:
1. It is a polysyllable construct and as such we believe it is above the norm
and therefore confusing to the list at large....tending toward a mass of
righteous posts decrying use of same.
2. The root being "charity" and "charity" being closely aligned with
religion, which as you know is a verbotten here on pianogripe, this usage
alone would be enough to keep your post off of the list.
3. The unfortunate use of "endeavor" being this close the the recent
"endeavors" of counting loose, pregnant or hanging chads will, in our
opinion, bring forth a host of angry responses to the effect that politics
have no place on pianogripe.
4. The use of "eleemosynary" just might cause some to think you are somehow
speaking to pickled eels, a delicacy in some locals, and therefore it does
lend a lunch counter type of flavor to the list.... we all are well aware
there is too much "baloney" being floated on the list and your sly reference
to same will not be tolerated.
5. You said......"As long as the old uprights are under valued by the public,
they have to be
under valued by the technician"
 We feel that you have no moral or ethical right to foist your values on the
public or other technicians and take extreme umbrage at your sly attempts at
doing so in this medium.
6. You said...."unless you are just in this line of work".
We are not at all sure exactly what you mean by this seemingly deprecating
remark but we don't like the general tone therein. It seems as if you think
that piano technology is somehow a dilatory trade. "Just" indeed, we won't
stand for this type heresy.

However we are happy to announce the acceptance of the rest of your very
excellent post..to wit: <<"as an">> and will allow the posting to continue
with the minor deletions as noted above.
Happy to be of service and y'all come back, ya heah?
SIGNED;
List moderator