Old uprights - think twice?

Brian Lawson lawsonic@global.co.za
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 08:01:56 +0200

Here, the market is primarily second hand uprights (verticals), the cost of
new pianos like a U1 are in the same price range as a new small car, 15
years ago it compared to the price of a small used car.

The dealer I do work for, won't buy and then sell a piano which he cant give
a 10 year guarantee for, and most pianos average age are from the earlier
part of 20th century, ie. 2 Bechstein model 10's  - both very good pianos,
straight strung but superb tone. Those type of pianos seem as they were made
to last.

Brian Lawson, RPT
Johannesburg, South Africa