Old uprights - think twice?

Mon, 18 Dec 2000 15:31:18 +0100

Without going into a lot of detail, qualifiers, conditions or other such
.... If you have an old upright that is note ruined structually or
acoustically, keep it and get it fixed. I think its a shame that so many of
these are just thrown on the junkpile regardless of what potential there is
in them. Especially considering what they are often as not replaced with.
You also get quickly into this restoration aspect... wont be long before so
few of these turn of the century or so pianos are left that they become a
rarity.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.