Killing...Ron's Rant

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 09:33:12 EST

List,
This is always the time of year when the "good old days" seemed so much
better.  I prefer good, hard information and discussion too.  When I joined 3
years ago or so, there was lots of discussion about whiskey, beer, dogs and
Scottish kilts.  Some people complained if you got "too technical" or if you
actually wrote some detailed information.  God forbid if you wrote about
something few other people knew about or if you disagreed and proved your
point contrary to one of the people who thought they knew everything already
and "owned" the List.  I also used to see a lot of what I used the utmost
restraint in calling "baloney".

The baloney bunch started their own baloney list.  I suggest that it is the
place for it and that Pianotech remain as it is, a free and open forum for
the discussion of piano technology.  Someone has asked me about tuning hammer
styles and there is a nice article about that in the Journal this month.  Too
bad I didn't have time to write anything about tuning hammers because I spent
all the time I had writing this.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin