Chickering Value

Jim Kinnear jkinnear@pianoguy.com
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 08:27:33 -0500

I have a customer who wishes to sell his Chickering Square Grand . .
It has been completely rebuilt, repinned, and restrung.
He wonders what he should ask . .  so do I ??
Obviously, he thinks it is worth a bundle, as visitors always ooh and aah.
Frankly, it sounds pretty good, given the new strings and restored
soudboard,
but a square   is a square, is a square, and it plays like one.

Dated around 1870's, I think ( I've misplaced my Pierce) SER # 35546.
Could one of you look it up for me while I order another Atlas? Thanks

Piano has been located in the same farmhouse for the past 90 years ( except
for a trip to the rebuilders).
Any thoughts on value or disposition . . .??
Thanks
 Jim

Jim Kinnear
www.pianoguy.com