Other brands (was Re: Hardman pianos)

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 20:43:02 -0600

 >...the couple little Mehlin grands I've seen slope boards with respect to the
>string plane ending with very tall tenor and bass bridges (with holes in
>them). Meanwhile, my old Hallet & Davis has stumpy 18-19mm bridges
>throughout.
>Clark

Clark, List,

Yes, I am familiar with both the brands you mention.  I have always had a
fondness for the older Mehlin & Sons pianos.  Something about their idea of
building pianos is clearly different from others.

And those bridges on the older Hallet & Davis pianos, talk about different!
Those folks were from another galaxy  :)

Keith McGavern aka McOlderBrand
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild