Hardman pianos

Patrick Greene greeneguy63@mindspring.com
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 16:36:15 -0500

Well, the one I tuned was the worst thing I have ever seen.  Of  course =
it had sat in a basement of a church for years
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Meyer Carl=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, December 17, 2000 12:38 PM
  Subject: Re: Hardman pianos

  I got a 7' Hardman grand from an estate sale.  The tuner who was =
rebuilding it died.  It had no strings, was refinished etc., but poorly. =
 I have it on consignment and haven't yet sold it. =20
  =20
  Here are some of the things I've heard about hardman:
  =20
  The book "Pianos and their makers"  speaks highly of Hardmans around =
the turn of the century .
  =20
  It was at one time the official piano of the metropolitan opera.
  =20
  It was advertised as the most expensive piano in the world.
  =20
  FDR had one in the white house.
  =20
  I can't verify those statement, but I think it compares as almost as =
good as the S&S "B".
  =20
  Too bad I can't get a decent price for it like you can for a B.

  Carl Meyer=20
  =20