hammer boring.

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 14:29:55 -0500

At 11:52 AM 12/17/2000 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi Richard,
>                  I think the jig is $275.00 US. I bought mine a few years
>ago at a National convention. Sat in on the full day Renner class and Lloyd
>was giving a 30% discount on all Renner tools, to class participants.  What
>a Deal.
>I just clamp mine direct to my drill table after figuring the bore
>distance. Rake and angles, are so simple to adjust. The hammers are held in
>place nice and firm.
>It only take's about an hour to do a whole set. Including set up time.
>It's so easy to graduate the bore angles thro' the tenor section in 1
>degree increments if needed.
>Wally Brooks is one the best in the business at supplying pre bored
>hammers. The Renner jig enables me to match his quality, with ease.
>PS Renner has a price increase Jan 1st. So contact Lloyd if you are
>thinking of taking the plunge.
>Regards Roger

If I am not mistaken Wally does the 'best in the business'  with_his_jig, no?
The only shortcoming is the back support but once it is replaced with a low
profile, thicker stock; it is certainly adequate.

Renner has fine products, don't get me wrong.

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jonpage@mediaone.net