String Splice Time

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 08:05:38 -0500

Richard,

In the current Schaff catalog a custom single wound string is about double the cost of a
universal, not a big deal.  But the real additional cost is making and charging for a second
appointment to install a custom string.  All things considered the cost to the client is
about triple for a custom string, the way I have my labor schedule worked out.  On a good
piano it's worth it.

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger
Lititz, PA, USA